AKA: Motor Grader, Road Grader, Blade, Road Maintainer
- On either side of goose neck, forward of the cab.
- On control pedestal.
- On seat pedestal.
Caterpillar, Komatsu, New Holland, Volvo.
An awareness of the following indicators will help focus attention on suspicious equipment during routine stops, patrols and investigations.
Time: Equipment being transported between 2000-0500 hrs or on weekends or holidays. Equipment theft most often happens at these times and contractors are unlikely to pay overtime if it can be avoided. (Note: exception – in large metropolitan areas equipment is sometimes moved in the early mornings to avoid traffic).
Things to watch out for
- Equipment being hauled on vehicles not designed to haul such equipment.
- New equipment on old transport.
- Trade plates on the vehicle.
- Haulier is using agricultural (red (UK) or green (Irish)) diesel, or any other illegal fuel, in their vehicle.
- Haulier vehicle has no company livery.
- The labels/markings on the equipment do not match those of the vehicle carrying or hauling it.
- The Ministry Number is missing from the haulier’s trailer.
Register your equipment now!
It only takes a few minutes and may save you thousands of pounds.